By: Brian Boone
Things the PlayStation 4 Can and Cannot Do
The PS4 can ‘
- allow you to play all the hot new games coming out this fall, including Aliens Are Coming Shoot Them Hurry!!, The Army Guys, and Sports.
- devour whole your shameful PS3 before the guys come over to see your new PS4.
- post your high scores online, because your right to do so is why your grandpa fought in that war.
- read to you Proust’s In Search of Lost Time while you spend hours after hours controlling a guy who kills imaginary goblins with a sword.
- go onto the Internet and order a pizza for you, if you think that’s a good idea.
- cost $400.
- be programmed to issue reminders, such as ‘stop playing every 16 hours to pee” or ‘make student loan payment.”
The PS4 cannot ‘
- accommodate all PS1, PS2, and PS3 external accessories. Check the Sony website for more details.
- play PS1 games. That copy of Crash Bandicoot your dad got you for your 14th birthday isn’t going to see the light of day anytime soon.
- allow you to remotely play against your dad. Your dad is dead. You need to admit that, Ben. So you can begin the healing process.
- I know you hadn’t spoken in years. I think that’s exactly why you’re having such a hard time grieving.
- True, you never got to patch things up. Or even say goodbye. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do that now.
- It's easy. Just say, ‘Dad, I forgive you, and I love you.”
- Of course he can hear you.
- Yes, you’re right. Things are never going to be the same. But what in life stays the same, you know?