12 Highlights From NBC’s Broadcast Of ‘Peter Pan Live!’
Last night, NBC aired the classic musical Peter Pan Live!starring Allison Williams as Peter Pan and Christopher Walken as Captain Hook. Here are some of the highlights from the three-hour live broadcast:
- Allison Williams saying “thanks, Dad!” straight to camera right at the beginning of the broadcast.
- The updated version of Tiger Lily ‘s songs included real Chickasaw language lyrics, making the whole thing 10% less racist.
- Vincent from Lost as Nana the Dog.
- “Props” to the props department for Allison Williams ‘ extremely detailed prosthetic male genitalia!
- A cast packed with real Broadway stars meant kids all over the country could experience the shouty fake magic of musicals.
- When we all got over the weirdness of being attracted to a 10-year-old boy and just enjoyed it for what it was.
- When Christopher Walken ad-libbed “Are we talkin ‘ Slumdog Millionaire Indians or, like, Land O'Lakes butter Indians?”
- As a special treat to viewers with 4K televisions, Tinkerbell was clearly performing nude.
- Many said that Christopher Walken seemed checked out of his role as Captain Hook, but did you know that moments before showtime, method actor Walken cut off his real hand and replaced it with a hook?
- The politically charged lyric change of “I won ‘t grow up / I don ‘t wanna go to school UNTIL WE HAVE A SERIOUS DISCUSSION ABOUT GUN CONTROL.”
- Melissa Joan Hart and Wal-Mart asking us to just forget what happened to Tracy Morgan and have a Merry Christmas.
- The makeup department covered up Allison Williams ‘ prominent swastika neck tattoo pretty well.