By: Funny Or Die
A simple design change on Starbucks ‘ holiday-themed cups has left many Christians with a not-so-merry feeling. They claim it ‘s yet another war on Christmas.
Alas, this is nothing new. Corporations and brands have been waging war on this sacred holiday for years. Here are examples of this ongoing crime:
- All McDonald ‘s hamburgers originally featured a nativity scene charred into the patty.
- Snap, Crackle, and Pop used to be the Three Wise Men.
- Toyotathon was originally called ‘Car Sale for Catholic People No Jews Please”
- Santa used to host American Idol.
- There used to be no such thing as car insurance, because people used to have faith in God.
- Oreo cookies were once advertised as ‘That sweet cookie with the miracle of The Lord inside.”
- Mr. Mucus the Mucinex monster used to be the angel Gabriel.
- The Burger King crown was once a crown of thorns.
- In 1972, The Christmas Inn infamously changed their name to Holiday Inn.
- Back in the late ’90s, Starbucks used to serve coffee straight out of Jesus ‘ mouth.
- The Muppets riled up their fan base when they changed their name from The Christian Puppets.
- The doctor asked me to stop calling my feet ‘stocking stuffers”
- Today, In-N-Out paper cups have bible verses on the bottom of them but they used to come with the keys to your very own church.
- In 1983 Wal-Mart finally stopped their ‘Christian Gifts at Jewish Prices” promotion.