By: Funny Or Die
13 Other Revelations From The ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ Sequel
A newly published book by Harper Lee, the reclusive author of To Kill a Mockingbird, examines what her characters ‘ lives look like several years later. Many are upset that the character Atticus Finch is now a racist, but that ‘s actually just one of many surprising revelations. Here are some other surprises from Lee ‘s new book, Go Set a Watchman.
- Jem has started a cartoon hologram band that will take off in the ’80s.
- Atticus Finch is not just a racist but also has weird ideas about personal hygiene.
- Boo Radley re-enters public life only to become once again shunned and friendless after joining a multilevel marketing scam.
- Scout and Jem are really into MMA and love ‘kicking punks ‘ asses” now.
- The ghost of Tom Robinson haunts Scout ‘s dreams every night, but as a Latino.
- All the boys in Maycomb go crazy for the cute new girl in town: a smart, sassy writer named Sharper Slee.
- After gaining unlimited access to old Simpsons episodes via the FXX app, Jem Finch sass-mouths his principal with the line ‘Go set a watch, man. ‘
- Atticus sues a book publisher for exploitation on behalf of his client, a senile, reclusive 90-year-old author who was coerced and tricked into publishing an unfinished manuscript she never meant to see the light of day.
- The Tutti Frutti sisters become world famous when Little Richard writes a song about them.
- Scout dreamed the whole thing ‘ when she awakes, she is once again a 31st-century Tokyo businessman.
- Boo Radley is alive and well and actually the long lost grandfather of ‘Big Boo” on Orange is the New Black.
- The ending hints at a third book that was also written by Truman Capote.
- Atticus Finch opens the dive bar Tequila Mockingbird, where the guac is kickass